About Your Other Half
Your Other Half is a human resources and operations firm that helps small businesses grow. We partner with business owners to create happy, profit-generating teams through effective human resources and people operations practices.
We are an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, creative team of seven, looking for someone who inbound and outbound recruiting, project management and client communications to join our team and serve our clients.
The Recruiter will work with the Your Other Half team to provide recruiting services to small business clients across the US.
The Recruiter will be responsible for:
- Full-cycle recruiting, including:
- Writing, editing and posting job descriptions and postings;
- Reviewing candidate submissions for open recruits;
- Performing video interviews for candidates for open recruits;
- Developing work sample challenges and reviewing submissions; Managing candidate flow and communications, including temperature-checks and rejections.
- Inbound recruiting, including:
- Researching and recommending posting places on a per-position basis;
- Strategically refreshing postings as needed;
- Outbound recruiting, including:
- Managing multiple, strategic, outbound searches through LinkedIn;
- Targeting high quality candidates that align with the client’s vision for an ideal employee;
- Utilizing best practices for communicating with passive candidates;
- Drafting, updating and editing Human Resources documents, related to recruiting and as otherwise needed to achieve recruiting objectives, such as organizational charts, job descriptions and succession plans;
- Managing Your Other Half’s recruiting processes and softwares, including application tracking systems, calendar scheduling applications, calendars, spreadsheets and timelines;
- Maintaining digital recruiting files on behalf of Your Other Half and our clients, in accordance with Human Resources best practices and applicable laws;
- Liaising with internal staff and clients to manage client recruiting needs proactively and professionally;
- Contributing to the selection and implementation of recruiting-related softwares and tools for Your Other Half’s business;
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of regular operating procedures and systems within Your Other Half’s business and our clients businesses; and
- Time permitting, contributing to the research and writing for marketing and product purposes.
Position type: This a temporary, part-time position, approximately 30-35 hours per week which will last approximately three months. If the candidate is successful in the temporary position, a full-time position may be offered at the completion of the temporary position, but this is not guaranteed.
Start date: May 3 or earliest available date
Position compensation: $16 - 18 per hour, commensurate with industry standards and experience.
Position Location: This is a remote position, but the employee must be based in the U.S.
Number of positions available: 1
Reports to: CEO
About You, the Candidate
A strong candidate will be:
- A current or former Recruiter with at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the role, with a preference for folks who worked for recruiting agencies or consulting firms;
- Prior experience with both inbound and outbound recruiting required;
- At least one year of experience with successfully recruiting through cold outreach to candidates;
- Experienced in the workplace, having worked in at least two office settings previously;
- Prior experience with managing recruiting processes and candidates through ATS systems required, with preference given to candidates who have experience with small-scale ATS systems such as Workable or Recruitee;
- Be a superb communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- SUPER detail-oriented, with the ability to ensure accuracy and high quality across multiple responsibilities;
- Someone who delights in highly repetitive but still high-concentration work;
- Comfortable managing multiple responsibilities at once, and prioritizing amongst them with ease;
- Calm under pressure and unflappable in the face of timely or urgent requests;
- A team player, with a positive, optimistic attitude, and the ability to recognize and celebrate wins of all sizes;
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to take initiative without direct supervision;
- Able to not only do the work, but also think about how it could be better and more efficient;
- Confident to make recommendations and push back when changes are needed in workflows or systems;
- Ability to learn new things quickly, especially web-based softwares and apps;
- Able to provide clear information in a timely way to support internal or client decisions;
- Able to quickly and naturally draft correspondence, and have a demonstrated ability to write and edit adeptly;
- Able typing at least 60 words per minute, and possess strong working knowledge of Google/G Suite;
- An openness to constructive, supportive feedback and a commitment to consistently improve; and
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have prior experience in a small business setting (ideally in a company with 50 or fewer employees) or in an entrepreneurial environment, preferably within the first five years of a company;
- Be experienced in working for multiple bosses or projects at one time;
- Be experienced with online tools including at least three of the following: Asana, Harvest, HelloSign, Recruitee, Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom; and
- Be experienced in a Mac environment.
Why work at Your Other Half?
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and self-management)
- We are committed to our team’s professional development, and have team-lead professional development sessions twice per month.
- We have fun in our work every day, celebrate wins often, and view failure as an opportunity to grow better together.
- When you join as a temporary employee, you immediately have access to:
- Short-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- Long-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
- Paid holidays
- Sick time
- Employee Assistance Program, a confidential resource to support your mental health as well as advise on caregiving, financial or legal matters
- If successful in this role, you may have an opportunity for a full-time role at our company, which provides the additional benefits of:
- Full-time schedule of 30-35 hours per week
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical HRA contribution of $150 per month
- Wellness benefit to use towards mental or physical health of $50 per month
- Annual professional development fund, to earn education, certifications or skills that benefit you and Your Other Half, up to $2,500 per year.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Your Other Half, LLC carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in Your Other Half, LLC.
Your Other Half, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.