Human Resources Project Associate
About Your Other Half
Your Other Half is a human resources and operations firm that helps small businesses grow. We partner with business owners to create happy, profit-generating teams through effective human resources and people operations practices.
We are an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, creative team of seven, looking for someone who loves human resources, project management, and client communications to join our team and serve our clients.
About the Human Resources Project Associate Position
The Human Resources Project Associate will work with the Your Other Half team to provide human resources services to small business clients across the US.
The Human Resources Project Associate will be responsible for:
- Partner with the team to ensure Your Other Half’s team structure and processes meet the needs of YOH’s strategic plan as well as our clients’ needs;
- Preparing, sending, and reviewing Human Resources onboarding and hiring documents, using web-based software, with particular focus on reviewing client-specific processes as well as HR requirements on a federal, state and local basis;
- Owning the paperwork audit portion of Your Other Half’s audit process to include: reviewing employee and company paperwork in detail, ensuring the completeness, accuracy and compliance of the documents;
- Drafting, updating and editing Human Resources documents, such as job descriptions or postings, employment agreements, employee handbooks, and organizational charts, with particular focus on a high level of detail and process;
- Maintaining digital Human Resources files on behalf of our clients, in accordance with Your Other Half’s SOPs, Human Resources best practices and applicable laws, with a focus on timeliness and accuracy;
- Managing Human Resources data, including client and internal HRIS, as well as Human Resources calendars, spreadsheets and timelines, with particular focus on meeting client deliverables and helping the team manage work through its project management system, Asana;
- Leading client success initiatives in support of all of Your Other Half’s clients, including:
- Reviewing, maintaining or soliciting quotes on software to be used by Your Other Half on behalf of all clients;
- Using Your Other Half’s compliance tools to develop updated documents to be rolled out across clients, such as Handbook Addendums, policy notices, change in wage notices, or the like; and
- Supporting colleagues in researching specific HR-related issues or questions in a timely manner, using both internet and academic research, as well as Your Other Half’s tools.
- Liaising with internal staff and clients to manage client Human Resources needs proactively and professionally.
Position type: This a temporary, part-time position, approximately 30-35 hours per week which will last approximately three months. If the candidate is successful in the temporary position, a full-time position may be offered at the completion of the temporary position, but this is not guaranteed.
Start date: May 3 or earliest available date
Position compensation: $15-18 per hour, commensurate with industry standards and experience.
Position Location: This is a remote position, but the employee must be based in the U.S.
Number of positions available: 1
Reports to: CEO
About You, the Candidate
A strong candidate will be:
- A current or former Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources Generalist Operations Manager or Executive Assistant with at least three (3) years of professional workplace experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a small business setting (ideally in a company with 50 or fewer employees) is strongly preferred;
- Experienced in the workplace, having worked in at least two office settings previously;
- SUPER detail-oriented, with the ability to ensure accuracy and high quality across multiple responsibilities;
- Someone who delights in highly repetitive but still high-concentration work;
- Comfortable managing multiple responsibilities at once, and prioritizing amongst them with ease;
- Calm under pressure and unflappable in the face of timely or urgent requests;
- A team player, with a positive, optimistic attitude, and the ability to recognize and celebrate wins of all sizes;
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to take initiative without direct supervision;
- Able to not only do the work, but also think about how it could be better and more efficient;
- Confident to make recommendations and push back when changes are needed in workflows or systems;
- Ability to learn new things quickly, especially web-based softwares and apps;
- Able to provide clear information in a timely way to support internal or client decisions;
- Able to quickly and naturally draft correspondence, and have a demonstrated ability to write and edit adeptly;
- Able typing at least 60 words per minute, and possess strong working knowledge of Google/G Suite;
- An openness to constructive, supportive feedback and a commitment to consistently improve; and
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a superb communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Human Resources law, statutes and practice in at least one of the following states: New York, New Jersey or California;
- Possess a strong working knowledge of federal Human Resources law, statutes and practice;
- Preferably hold a Human Resources Certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR) or Degree;
- Be experienced in an entrepreneurial environment, preferably within the first five years of a company;
- Be experienced in working for multiple bosses or projects at one time;
- Be experienced with online tools including at least three of the following: Asana, Harvest, HelloSign, Recruitee, Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom; and
- Be experienced in a Mac environment.
Why work at Your Other Half?
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and self-management)
- We are committed to our team’s professional development, and have team-lead professional development sessions twice per month.
- We have fun in our work every day, celebrate wins often, and view failure as an opportunity to grow better together.
- When you join as a temporary employee, you immediately have access to:
- Short-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- Long-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
- Paid holidays
- Sick time
- Employee Assistance Program, a confidential resource to support your mental health as well as advise on caregiving, financial or legal matters
- If successful in this role, you may have an opportunity for a full-time role at our company, which provides the additional benefits of:
- Full-time schedule of 30-35 hours per week
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical HRA contribution of $150 per month
- Wellness benefit to use towards mental or physical health of $50 per month
- Annual professional development fund, to earn education, certifications or skills that benefit you and Your Other Half, up to $2,500 per year.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Your Other Half, LLC carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in Your Other Half, LLC.
Your Other Half, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.