Business Development Associate
About the Role
EQDerivatives is looking for a Business Development Associate to build sales by contacting and building relationships with new and existing clients. EQD plans a variety of events around the world on an annual basis as well as provides critical insights into derivatives via our commentary and news service. The Business Development Associate will be responsible for driving sales through those events, from ticket sales to post-event follow-up.
The Business Development Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- Strengthen existing client relationships and build new client relationships through:
- Sponsorships for Events;
- Subscriptions - B2B bulk sales;
- Subscriptions - B2C individual sales;
- Advertisements in emails;
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities;
- Present EQDerivatives products and services to potential clients;
- Identify client needs and surface client feedback to suggest appropriate services;
- Customize solutions to increase customer satisfaction;
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients;
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market;
- Report to Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results;
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans;
- Support the development and promotion of the annual Asia Conference and prepare for in-person events to be held again in 2022;
- Offer pre and post-event meetings to potential clients;
- Communicate regularly with event members and subscribers to ensure all relevant details are communicated and tracked;
- Manage email advertising;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About the Candidate
A qualified candidate will have the following experiences and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, or related field;
- 1-2 years experience in business development or relationship-based sales role a plus;
- A superb communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Understanding of sales performance metrics;
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, including targets, simultaneously, and prioritize appropriately;
- Maintains a positive attitude that exudes professionalism and integrity in all aspects of their work;
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations;
- Takes pride in consistently being personable and presentable;
- Willingness to learn and enjoys building and sustaining professional relationships with clients and potential clients;
- Ability to keep assignments moving to completion, work well under pressure and work independently while seeking guidance appropriately;
- Must be reliable, organized, willing to act for the well being of the company first, and able to self-motivate to complete work;
- Calm under pressure and unflappable in the face of timely or urgent requests;
- Thrives in a team setting, willing to be flexible as a support or lead in maintaining and developing leads and client relationships;
- Enthusiasm for learning and a desire to be challenged;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment without stress;
- A natural curiosity about how things work and how to get them done efficiently, including identifying and addressing problems with ease;
- Proficiency with MS Suite, Google Suite for Business essential;
- Salesforce and Adobe Suite experience a plus; and
- Experience or interest in the financial world a plus (such as a course, internship, club experience, or other background).
Reports To: CoFounder
Location: UK (remote)
Travel: 10% - 20% travel, both international and domestic. This is required for the role but depends on the pandemic.
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be £25,000-£30,000 base plus commission, commensurate to industry standards and candidate’s prior relevant skills and experiences. EQDerivatives also provides benefits, including:
- 15 days PTO plus public holidays. PTO is prorated for the first year;
- The ability to travel nationally and internationally for work.
EQDerivatives delivers high-quality, detailed content and peer interaction to sophisticated institutional investment professionals.
We’re the leading -- and in some cases the only -- provider of independent strategy content to pension funds, hedge funds, asset managers, foundations and endowments and insurers active in cross-asset derivatives, volatility, alternative risk premia and other quantitative strategies.
The firm is a global operation with clients and staff in all major markets. The company was co-founded by Rob McGlinchey in London and Peter Thompson in Chicago.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Your Other Half, LLC carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in EQDerivatives and Your Other Half.
EQDerivatives is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.